Ways to Construct an Effective Dissertation Discussion Section
Scholars pursuing a PhD or performing some research take SPSS help to complete their writing and statistical tasks. Professional writers and experts help students with their research writings such as literature reviews, dissertations, hypotheses, etc., and these experts also help with conducting different statistical analysis techniques. Here in this blog post, we will discuss some important methods of how to write an effective discussion chapter for a dissertation. We will discuss the goals and writing approaches of a discussion chapter.
Drafting an impressive dissertation is a crucial step towards getting a doctoral degree and none of the single PhD scholars wants to risk their whole journey of the thesis by designing a non-structured and imperfect dissertation. So let’s take a look at those effective ways which help you design a perfect dissertation discussion section.
Goals and writing approaches of the dissertation discussion section
Keeping the goals in mind is very important because it helps you write a magnificent dissertation discussion chapter. The main goals of writing a discussion chapter are:
- State your interpretations
- Express your opinions
- Describe the effects of your findings
- Give suggestions and make predictions for future research
Along with mentioning the goals, the approach to writing is also important. For the same, we have three important suggestions:
- Provide answers to the central research questions presented in the introduction.
- Demonstrate how the results are supporting your answers.
- What are the implications of each answer based on the existing body of knowledge on the topic?
Do not panic and stress yourself if you need more than one writing attempt to write a discussion chapter because it is considered to be the most important section of your dissertation.
Steps to writing an effectual discussion chapter
The discussion chapter must not be lengthy, in fact, it should be short and precise describing your message clearly. It must communicate, illustrate, describe, support, and defend your final conclusions. Make sure the writing is a commentary and not an expelling of outcomes. Avoid including distractions in your writing because they might cover the essence of your message. While there is no perfect dissertation, it is important that you help your reader distinguish between speculation and facts in your work.
So let’s have a look at the important steps of writing an impressive discussion section:
- Always set the tone of your dissertation discussion section to general, that is, begin from the specifics of the study and move towards the more general discipline framework.
- Stick to the same tone which you have already set in the introduction. Use the same key terms, follow the same tense, and keep the same point of view as you used in your introduction.
- To begin with, rewrite your research questions and if you have any hypotheses already posed in your introduction, then state them also. After that, report the findings of your dissertation in support of the answers to the research questions.
- Now continue with explaining the relationship between your results and expectations of your study and literature. Use relevant citations and references to explain why the outcomes are admissible and how they invariably fit in with the previously published knowledge.
- Regardless of if the findings were statistically significant or not, remember to pay close attention to all of the results related to your research questions.
- Make sure you provide proper information to your audience about the patterns, principles, and key relationships of your major findings. It is important in what sequence you provide the information: 1) Express the answer, 2) Display the appropriate outcomes, and 3) Mention the work of believable and authentic sources. In order to 'enhance' your argument, you should use figures and/or graphs when necessary.
- Support your answers using two ways: 1) explain the validity of your answers, and 2) show the flaws and faults of others’ answers. Doing so and providing arguments will make your point of view more convincing.
- Recognise the conflicting data in your work. Any conflicting explanations of your results should be discussed and evaluated. If your study has genuine knowledge to offer, this will be an effective way to capture the audience's attention and make them sympathetic.
- Provide a section into which you will be discussing the unexpected findings. To begin with such a section, first, describe your findings by writing a paragraph about them. Pinpoint the possible weaknesses and limitations of your study. Your interpretation of your findings will be affected by these limitations. Comment on how these limitations may affect the validity of your results. Don’t be ashamed of the limitations of your study and don’t use a regretful tone in this section. Remember the fact that every study has its own limitations.
- Summarise all the principal significances of your findings irrespective of any statistical significance. If you are going to conduct future research, please make sure to provide at least 1-2 recommendations.
- How do the conclusions of your dissertation impact our understanding of the problem(s) it addresses? Explain how your results are significant and how they impact the understanding of your dissertation's main point(s).
- The final section of your presentation should cover everything that is relevant but be brief, specific, and to the point.
Every doctoral student understands the importance of writing a dissertation for their thesis. Writing a discussion chapter comes under constructing a dissertation. It is the most important section of any dissertation because it explains your contribution to the field of study you are studying. Students take SPSS assignment help for writing a perfect dissertation discussion section for their study. Getting assignment help or assistance from an SPSS tutor makes you feel relaxed because you know that your dissertation is being handled by experts now. Either follow the above-mentioned tips if you are a great writer or take professional help. Good luck!